Victron VE.Bus Battery Management System (BMS)
The VE.Bus BMS protects each individual cell of a Victron lithium-iron-phosphate (LiFePO4 or LFP) battery.
- Manufacturer Victron Energy
- Accessory Product Type Battery Management Systems (BMS)
- Commodity Code 85437090
- Dimensions (mm) (H x W x D) 105 x 78 x 32
Each individual cell of a LiFePO4 battery must be protected against over voltage, under voltage and over temperature. Victron LiFePO4 batteries have integrated Balancing, Temperature and Voltage control (acronym: BTV) and connect to the VE.Bus BMS with two M8 circular connector cord sets. The BTVs of several batteries can be daisy-chained.
The BMS will:
• Shut down or disconnect loads in case of an imminent cell under voltage
• Reduce charge current in case of imminent cell overvoltage or over temperature (VE.Bus products only)
• Shut down or disconnect battery chargers in case of imminent cell overvoltage or over temperature